christyleighstewart

Genosha is for lovers

Mostly trashy romance

Lords of the Left-Hand Path: Forbidden Practices and Spiritual Heresies
Stephen E. Flowers
Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)
Kresley Cole
The Derby Girl (Getting Physical, #2)
Tamara Morgan
Prospero's Daughter - Nancy Butler How should I rate this? I thought it was a pretty good book, very unusual for the genre, but I didn't enjoy it. It gave me PTSD.

I was looking forward to seeing how the author dealt with a wheelchair-bound character in the regency era and Butler really did do a great job of it, but I hate stories where someone overcomes something by another coming into their life to challenge them and therefore give them "self-respect."

Firstly, it is lazy writing. It is easy to exploit emotions from the mundane with this format and is the biggest cliche in the gimp-fiction-sub-genre.

Secondly, it is harmful. For entertainment purposes it is acceptable but unfortunately people learn how to see and deal with minorities through their equivalent media portrayals and inspirational stories like these can lead people to assume someone who is disabled is that way because they have just not tried to get better. This seems ludicrous but it's true.

Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't write or read these types of stories (even if it is lazy) but that this is my opinion on these types of stories and since this is my review, my opinion is the only one that matters.